My Credo

"Life can't defeat a writer who is in love with writing, for life itself is a writer's lover until death." Edna Ferber

Friday, November 14, 2014

July 17, 2014: How to Convince Your Students You Are Crazy

So, a rather shy student student was frantically trying to get my attention during a rather chaotic "educational activity" (game). There were people scrambling around the room, and this student is rather soft spoken, so I didn't hear him at first. Finally, he whistled at me as I went by - like you whistle at an animal, not a cute girl, to be clear - and made the universal "come here" hand wave. Without thinking much about it, and in the spirit of the game, I walked over, and BARKED at him "Arf! Arf!"

He stopped, stunned...then apologized profusely!

The other students razzed him a bit, but he took it pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment